How to Request an Administrative Hearing (DUI/DUAC)

If a driver refuses to give a sample (breath, blood, and/or urine) or if the driver provides a breath sample of .15 or above, the officer can suspend the driver’s privilege to drive in South Carolina for a period of time. The officer does this by giving the accused a “NOTICE OF SUSPENSION.” In order to challenge that suspension, the driver must request an administrative hearing within 30 days of arrest. The information for requesting an administrative hearing can be found on the back of the “Notice of Suspension” form. Additional information can be gained through your attorney or by calling the Office of Motor Vehicle Hearings:

South Carolina Administrative Law Court
Office of Motor Vehicle Hearings
Edgar A. Brown Building
1205 Pendleton Street, Suite 325
Columbia, S.C. 29201
Voice: (803) 734-3201
Fax: (803) 734-3200

For more information on administrative hearings: